Registered Export Agents
You may qualify for a discount on the registration fees for this course if you are an existing agent. To enquire whether you qualify for a discount, please contact the Deputy Registrar of APAC directly at Stephanie.email@example.com.
About This Course
The purpose of this Export Agents Course is to equip export agents with the necessary skill, knowledge and expertise so as to conduct the business of an export agent in a proper, efficient and lawful manner, thereby enhancing the status and dignity of the occupation.
The course has been set up as an on-line training platform, such that it can be completed, from virtually any location in the world, at any time and generally at your own convenience. The course contains a detailed explanation of the Act and the Rules in an integrated manner. To this extent, illustrative examples, videos and test-your-knowledge questions are included throughout.
In addition to containing detailed explanations of the Act and the Rules in an integrated manner inclusive of illustrative examples, videos and test-your-knowledge questions, this course deals specifically with the following learning objectives:
- What the term "agent" means.
- What APAC’s functions and operational activities are.
- The registration duties of export agents.
- Other relevant duties of export agents.
- The Rules applicable to export agents.
- What "conflicts of interest" are and how to deal with them appropriately.
- The receipt and export of fresh produce received.
- The preservation of secrecy.
- Restrictions of liability.
- Payments to APAC.
- What comprises of an offence and the penalties applicable.
It is recommended that you complete all the modules comprising of this course before undertaking the prescribed exam. The purpose of the exam is not only to test your knowledge but also to gauge your ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge to solve practical problems in a real-world environment.
Please note that the successful completion of this online course does not guarantee your admission to the agents’ profession. Admission is subject to compliance with the requirements laid down by APAC from time to time, which requirements can be obtained and made available to you upon request.