You may qualify for a discount on the registration fees for this course if you are an existing agent. To enquire whether you qualify for a discount, please contact the Deputy Registrar of APAC directly at Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Course
The purpose of this Fresh Produce Agents Course is to equip fresh produce agents with the necessary skill, knowledge and expertise to conduct the business of a fresh produce agent in a proper, efficient and lawful manner, thereby enhancing the status and dignity of the occupation.
The various modules, of which this is the first, contain detailed explanations of the Act and the Rules in an integrated manner inclusive of illustrative examples, videos and test-your-knowledge questions.
Module 1 deals specifically with the concept of an agent and the composition and role of the Agricultural Produce Agent’s Council. Upon completion of this Module 1, you should be able to meet the following learning objectives:
- Know and understand the definition of an "agent".
- Be able to apply the definition of an "agent" in a practical scenario.
- Explain the composition of APAC.
- Explain the period of service of Council members as well as their remuneration.
- Identify scenarios in which a person may be disqualified from serving on the Council.
- Identify scenarios in which a Council member may be forced to vacate his office.
- Explain when Council meetings are held and how decisions are made.
- Understand the functioning of committees within the Council.
- Define the vision, mission and core values of APAC.
- Understand what the funds of APAC are made up off and how they are used.
- Explain the day-day activities of APAC.
- Define the objectives and functionalities of APAC and the office of the Registrar.
It is recommended that you work through all 4 training modules before undertaking the prescribed exam. The purpose of the exam is not only to test your knowledge but also to gauge your ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge to solve practical problems in a real world environment.
It is recommended that you complete all four modules before undertaking the prescribed exam. The purpose of the exam is not only to test your knowledge but also to gauge your ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge to solve practical problems in a real-world environment.
Please note that the successful completion of this online course does not guarantee your admission to the agents’ profession. Admission is subject to compliance with the requirements laid down by APAC from time to time, which requirements can be obtained and made available to you upon request.