You may qualify for a discount on the registration fees for this course if you are an existing agent. To enquire whether you qualify for a discount, please contact the Deputy Registrar of APAC directly at Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Course
The purpose of this Fresh Produce Agents Course is to equip fresh produce agents with the necessary skill, knowledge and expertise to conduct the business of a fresh produce agent in a proper, efficient and lawful manner, thereby enhancing the status and dignity of the occupation
The various modules, of which this is the second, contain detailed explanations of the Act and the Rules in an integrated manner inclusive of illustrative examples, videos and test-your-knowledge questions.
Module 2 deals specifically with the Fidelity Fund, Registration, Duties of Fresh Produce Agents, Trust Accounts as well as Improper Conduct and Disciplinary Proceedings. Upon completion of this Module 2, you should be able to meet the following learning objectives:
- Comprehend the nature and purpose of the Fresh Produce Agents' Fidelity Fund ("the Fund").
- Determine when a claim may be instituted against the Fund.
- Understand how to lodge a claim against the Fund.
- Drafting a sworn affidavit in support of a claim to be instituted against the Fund.
- Know how to register as a Fresh Produce Agent.
- Identifying the circumstances in terms of which a Fresh Produce Agent's Fidelity Fund Certificate may be withdrawn or when it lapses.
- Understand the consequences of the lapsing of a Fidelity Fund Certificate.
- Calculating the amount of money to be deposited for purposes of opening a trust banking account.
- Know how to manage trust accounts and perform trust reconciliations.
- Understand the winding-up of trust accounts.
- Understand your rights upon being accused of improper conduct.
- Know how the Disciplinary Tribunal functions.
- Understanding the consequences of being convicted of improper conduct.
- Understand the Disciplinary Tribunal.
It is recommended that you complete all four modules before undertaking the prescribed exam. The purpose of the exam is not only to test your knowledge but also to gauge your ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge to solve practical problems in a real-world environment.
Please note that the successful completion of this online course does not guarantee your admission to the agents’ profession. Admission is subject to compliance with the requirements laid down by APAC from time to time, which requirements can be obtained and made available to you upon request.