You may qualify for a discount on the registration fees for this course if you are an existing agent. To enquire whether you qualify for a discount, please contact the Deputy Registrar of APAC directly at Stephanie.email@example.com.
About This Course
The purpose of this Fresh Produce Agents Course is to equip fresh produce agents with the necessary skill, knowledge and expertise to conduct the business of a fresh produce agent in a proper, efficient and lawful manner, thereby enhancing the status and dignity of the occupation.
The various modules, of which this is the fourth, contain detailed explanations of the Act and the Rules in an integrated manner inclusive of illustrative examples, videos and test-your-knowledge questions.
Module 4 deals specifically with the Code of Conduct, as well as the Receipt and Sale of Fresh Produce. Upon completion of Module 4, you should be able to meet the following learning objectives:
- Understand the need and purpose of a Code of Conduct.
- Identify ways in which an agent may advertise his busniess.
- Understand the parameters in which an agent may canvas for business.
- Know how to record and keep a register of fresh produce received.
- Know how to mark and pack fresh produce.
- Understand how unsold fresh produce should be dealt with.
- Gain a proper understanding of the procedure in which costs of sale are to be defrayed.
- Understand the conditions relating to credit sales.
It is recommended that you complete all four modules before undertaking the prescribed exam. The purpose of the exam is not only to test your knowledge but also to gauge your ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge to solve practical problems in a real-world environment.
Please note that the successful completion of this online course does not guarantee your admission to the agents’ profession. Admission is subject to compliance with the requirements laid down by APAC from time to time, which requirements can be obtained and made available to you upon request.